Sunday, November 21, 2010

Advance 4826 - 1949 Sundress and Bolero - my interpretation



Since starting a fashion design and technology diploma, I have learned the fundamentals of pattern making, I have created many patterns, both, at school and at home. This has always been what I really wanted to learn, because I knew that I would no longer be restricted to purchased patterns. Now, I look at patterns online, and rather than buy them...I copy them.

Sadly, I am so addicted to patterns that I DO still buy many...c'est la vie :-)

Voila, I offer you my interpretation of this pattern - Advance 4826...






I used the bodice from this pattern...
Vogue 8184, view F (centre bottom, green)



And, the skirt from this pattern...
Butterick 5214


...to make the sundress. I then drafted a bolero pattern to complement. The dress fabric came from an op-shop, for about $4.00. I purchased the trims, and white linen at a local fabric store. All up around $20.00, and two days work.

I am really happy with the result :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment