I have been dyeing lots of fabric lately, experimenting much more with the techniques for dyeing with plant materials, with great results. I have also been reading widely about amazing techniques for synthetic dyes. So much so that I have been exploring ideas for creating items for sale on Etsy down the track.
I repurposed an op-shop tablecloth and some items of clothing, with great colours and patterns achieved.
I have settled on a name "DyeHouseDesigns", and have opened an Etsy account in this name with the idea of listing items such as these for sale. I am really excited about repurposing table linen for several reasons...
- I love vintage table linen
- I find lovely linen at op-shops all the time
- usually they are hand embroidered
- often they have other delightful features
- sometimes they are marked - of no concern after dyeing
- they are always beautiful and make wonderful keepsakes
Have a great day :-)