Thursday, October 13, 2011

The frilly jumper...


  I recently finished a vintage knit, using reclaimed pure angora from a jumper my mum made years ago.  The pattern is from "A Stitch in Time - volume 1" - a beautiful knitting book.



I also recently made some "vintage-y" trousers from Burda 4/2011 magazine...


The trousers were made using thrifted bright blue heavy linen fabric, which cost $6.00.  So this whole outfit is made using secondhand supplies - even the beads were thrifted.  Only my shoes were new, but marked down.  I think they look great together, this is the first time I will wear the sweater.


It just goes to show that secondhand/thrifted doesn't have to look that way!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I admire your ingenuity using wool from an old jumper, and thrifted materials are a great way to save money and the environment.....well done.

    ReplyDelete